Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Long week, got fired, and got sick

Argh, just got a client, and my shareholders(aunties) were so slow in paying me in order I can buy the necessary utilities (wifi, office supplies) for him to use, so unfortunately he left. Being quite pissed, I started arguing with them about how useless their company is if they're not doing anthing to it. Being shareholders, they don't do much. Just sit down on a Saturday dinner and talk about things to do but then does nothing. Needless to say, I got fired. What an ass.

Other than that, abit more hilarious thing happened. Being the worst cook ever, I've almost burnt my kitchen. Now I've just did it again. Before it was a popcorn which I thought can be popped in the oven. Little did I know that it's also a burning device as well, and when it popped, it fell into the heater and caught fire. Eventually the oven caught fire, and I had to use a cloth to keep it down, as the cloth was also on fire. Luckily the oven isn't that big. It's that small toaster oven. And today was quite interesting.
I was reading the Naked Chef's blog and seeing some steaks, I was thinking I can make some steaks as well. Picked up a juicy frozen steak and started defrosting on the microwave. Now the defrosted steak is rubbed with tons of mint sauce (i can't find any more sauce), some spices and black pepper. So far so good I think. then came the frying part. As I was frying in the frying pan with the steak on the bottom, as I flipped the meat, flames engulf my pan all the way to the roof. Then for some unknown reason, black stuff started to fall from the sky like snow. It turns out that my light/fan thingy on top of my cooker hasn't been cleaned for a while and soot has arrived due to my flame pressure. Cool.

Note to everyone: Never ever, ever, ever, let me in your kitchen. Lightning strikes more than twice.

No comments: