Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's day comments

HMMMMM...

I really have no idea what to say for this day except that I really think it's a good marketing concept.

Florists and Chocolate sellers gets to sell their items 5-6 times more than the original price for that particular day. Restaurants get booked all day at that time and it's now the seller's market rather than a buyer one. One day I might think of having a florists just opening at Valentine's Day and the profits will most likely last me through the whole year. :)

Personally, I've never been quite fond of Valentine's Day, all the sane reason that it's a girl's market on that day. If the boyfriend/husband/going to boyfriend fella/cuddle b*tch didn't buy enough flowers for the girl (which please noted that the flowers are more marked up than you buy a Starbucks coffee compared to Kopi O) next to another girl, that girl will get upset, and no happy hour for you (cuddle b*tches are abit of an exception as they were not getting any anyway).

Definition of cuddle b*tch: http://www.intellectualwhores.com/manifestations.html

However, out of sheer insanity and concept reasoning flying out of the window, I did tried to ask someone out for dinner, but she's not free. Then again, this is a bout of temporal madness that happens to me once in a full moon and extreme boredom seems to contributed into the factor. Now listening to 1973, pondering at new code, little did I know that this will hurt for awhile.

I think Mr.Valentine's kinda dead for a while, but his influence is slowly growing.

No comments: